The Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty (ESG) is an incisionless weight loss procedure with the benefits of being minimally invasive and effective at helping patients lose weight. The Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty reduces the size of the stomach using an endoscope through the mouth, which requires no external incisions.
The ESG is similar to the laparoscopic gastric sleeve procedure except it doesn’t remove part of the stomach. Instead, part of the stomach is stitched to create a smaller, banana shaped pouch. The new, smaller stomach helps patients feel full faster and therefore consume less food which leads to weight loss.
- No external sutures or scarring
- Less postoperative pain and reduced need for painkillers, compared to traditional surgical weight loss procedures*
- Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty doesn’t interfere with nutrient absorption*
- May Improve co-morbidities such as diabetes, sleep apnea, and hypertension*
- Quick recovery, patients can resume normal activities the next day*
What Kind of Results Can I Expect?*
According to one study, ESG patients lost 54% of excess weight within the first year of surgery.* All weight loss procedures are tools to be used in conjunction with lifestyle changes. To achieve weight loss, patients need to commit to a healthy lifestyle including nutritional changes and an exercise routine.
*Individual Results May Vary
Wondering if The Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty is Right for You?
You may be a candidate for Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty if you have a BMI over 30, and you have tried unsuccessfully to lose weight with other methods. Contact us to schedule a consultation with Dr. Jay Snow, who will spend time discussing the options available to help find which is best to meet your needs and goals. We welcome the opportunity to help with your journey to a healthful life.