Dr. Snow is committed to helping patients achieve weight loss success, and is well known for his excellent surgical skills and warm bedside manner. He is a highly experienced Bariatric Surgeon who specializes in laparoscopic surgery, which allows for less invasive procedures with shorter recovery times. Dr. Snow consistently demonstrates respect for his patients, and cares not just for the medical side of a patient but for the whole person. Dr. Snow founded St. Louis Bariatrics with the goal of empowering patients to take an active role in their own health care. Outside of work Dr. Snow is an avid outdoorsman with a special interest in waterfowl hunting with his Labrador Retriever, Avery. He is an active member of St. Justin the Martyr Catholic Church, and a fan of University of Missouri athletics, the St. Louis Cardinals, and the St. Louis Blues. Most of all, he enjoys spending time with his wife, Colleen, and their four sons.
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Gastric Banding (LAP-BAND® & Realize Band)
- Gastric Bypass
- Gastric Bypass Revision with Overstitch
- ORBERA™ Gastric Balloon
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition and Fitness from the University of Missouri, Columbia.
- Medical Degree from the University of Missouri, Columbia
- Completed his general surgery residency at the University of Oklahoma
- Completed a fellowship in Bariatric Surgery at the Minnesota Institute for Minimally Invasive Surgery, which is the only fellowship in the country to be triple accredited in Minimally Invasive Surgery, Bariatrics, and Flexible Endosurgery.
- Bariatric Medical Director at Mercy Hospital Jefferson
- Dr. Snow has given multiple presentations at Society meetings and has been published in peer-reviewed medical literature.
Dr. Snow has gained recognition for his medical expertise and his compassionate bedside manner. Recent awards include:
- Patient’s Choice Award (2013, 2014, 2015)
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013–2014)
- Top 10 Doctor in Greater St. Louis (2014)
- On Time Doctor Award (2014–2015)
Dr. Snow has also volunteered with Project Haiti, a non-profit organization that teaches laparoscopy to surgical residents in Pignon, Haiti.
Licensed in the state of Missouri and the state of Illinois
List of Professional Organizations or Certifications
- Member of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- Member of the American College of Surgeons
- Member of the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
- Mercy Hospital Jefferson
- St. Anthony’s Medical Center
- Des Peres Hospital
Contact St. Louis Bariatrics to schedule a consultation with Dr. Snow.