Meal Planning for a Bariatric Diet
Bariatric surgery is a valuable tool for patients seeking a healthier and more active life, but Dr. Snow will be the first to tell you that long term lifestyle changes are the key to reaching and maintaining weight loss success. Navigating three meals a day, plus snacks can be overwhelming when you’re trying to make the right choices.
At St. Louis Bariatrics, we are committed to giving you the resources you need to succeed on your journey to better health. Our team has created a weekly meal plan template designed for patients who have had weight loss procedures such as gastric sleeve or gastric bypass.
Downloadable Weekly Meal Plan Template
“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail!” – Benjamin Franklin
Taking the guesswork out of mealtime can help you make healthier choices and resist temptations, as well as save you the stress of last minute planning. Sticking with a meal plan may also save you money on your grocery bill.
- We have also created a Sample Weekly Meal Plan which provides meal ideas and recipes. Please click the image below to download.
5 Additional Tips and Resources for Weight Loss Success
- Shop Smart Healthy eating starts at the grocery store. Use our tips for grocery shopping to make food shopping easier and healthier.
- Don’t Just Plan – PREP! Planning is the first step, but making food ahead of time can give you a huge advantage in the healthy eating game. Get our meal prep tips.
- Try New Recipes Eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring! The St. Louis Bariatrics blog is full of delicious recipes created by our registered dietitian or submitted by our patients. Get Recipes.
- Stay Motivated When you need a boost of inspiration to stay on track, check out our patient success stories or get tips and the latest news on our Facebook page, Instagram or in our email newsletter.
- Don’t Forget to Move! When it comes to weight loss success, healthy eating goes hand-in-hand with working out. Learn more about developing an exercise routine and the benefits of staying active.
St. Louis Bariatrics is Here For You
Whether you are considering bariatric surgery, or you are already part of the St. Louis Bariatrics community, we are here to answer any questions you have about weight loss procedures and life after weight loss. Call us at (314) 403-1345 or contact us through our website any time.