Red, White & Blue Deviled Eggs
1 dozen hard boiled eggs
¼ cup non-fat plain yogurt (or desired amount)
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
Salt & pepper to taste
Americolor food coloring
- Cut hard boiled eggs in half and remove the yolks. Place yolks in a separate, medium sized bowl.
- Use a fork to break up the yolks until no large pieces remain.
- Add yogurt, mayo, mustard, salt and pepper. Whip up with a spatula until smooth and creamy.
- Place mixture into a Ziploc bag (or into a piping bag fitted with a 2D tip). If using a Ziploc bag, simply cut a small hole in the corner of the bag.
- Mix 1 cup hot water and 1 teaspoon Americolor brand food coloring and 1 teaspoon vinegar. The vinegar helps the color stay bright and vibrant!
- Place egg whites into the colored water and let sit until desired color is achieved, about 1-2 minutes.
- Take out egg whites and place on paper towel to allow excess color to drip off.
- Arrange eggs on a platter
- Pipe the egg yolk mixture into the egg white halves.