4 apples (Honeycrisp apples work great for this recipe)
½ cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
¼ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Slice about 1/3 off the top of the apples and scoop out the core.
- In a bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon, cranberries and walnuts.
- Stuff each apple with ¼ brown sugar mixture.
- Place apples in a deep baking dish, topping each apple with ½ tablespoon butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Pour about ½ inch of water in the baking pan around the apples.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until apples are tender.
- Serve warm.